- Movie theaters and airlines have a lot of structural similarities.
- Theater chains should imitate airlines' successful rewards programs.
- The goal is to create more value for a business that is capital intensive by adding an asset-light revenue stream.
- Cinemas probably should have thought of MoviePass idea earlier, but the upstart can probably coexist peacefully with the theaters.
- A theater chain like Cinemark already offers good value, but investors should monitor developments with MoviePass and rewards programs.
Read full article here